Personally, I have seen businesses run with the 1999 mentality. It’s pretty sickening to think that a business isn’t using social media, blogs or mobile to push their business to the next level. (This is actually suppose to be a funny post.)
Today while driving down the road, I happened to hear the song “Party like
it’s 1999″ on the radio. I thought instantly how some businesses still have a 1999 business model or 1999 mentality.
So if you want to run your business like it’s 1999, here are a few ways you can keep the 1999 vibe going in your company.
- Don’t use Facebook or Twitter to promote your business.
- Don’t use blogs to help your business’ SEO endeavors or talk about your business.
- Don’t interact with customers.
- Pay 1999 wages.
- What’s an SEO anyway?
- It’s okay to do shady business, nobody will know about it anyway.
- It’s perfectly okay to treat your employees bad because if it’s 1999 there are no social networks, rippoff report or Google Maps.
- You don’t need a website.
- Put an under construction notice on your future website and leave it there for years.
- Don’t use WordPress.
- Don’t use RSS feeds.
- Stick with AOL.
- Make a website using geocities.
- Stay with dial-up. (I can hear the brrrrr eeeeee errrrrrr as I login to my AOL account…”You’ve got Mail!!”)
What can you add to this list? Leave some creative comments below. I would love to hear your 1999 internet stories.